Bradley K. Overcash
BRADLEY K. OVERCASH (Brad) was born in Thomasville, N.C. He received a B.A. degree in political science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree, cum laude, from the University of Mississippi School of Law (Ole Miss). While in law school, he was the recipient of the Judge W. N. Ethridge, Jr. Memorial Scholarship. Mr. Overcash previously practiced in the firm's Jackson and Greenville offices prior to moving back to his home state to open the firm's Charlotte office. He is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, State Bar of North Carolina, the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association and the Mississippi Bar Association. Mr. Overcash has been named the North Carolina representative for the Defense Research Institute's (DRI) Legislative Liaison Subcommittee.
Current Employment Position(s):
- North Carolina, 2007
- Mississippi, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- University of Mississippi School of Law (Ole Miss), 2006
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- North Carolina Bar Association
- State Bar of North Carolina
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
Past Employment Positions:
- Brinkley Walser, PLLC
Publications & Presentations:
- Author, North Carolina Legislative Tracking Report, The Voice, Publication of Defense Research Institute, Volume 11, Issue 25, June 27, 2012.
- Co-Author with David E. Stovall and M. Madison Taylor, Mississippi and North Carolina chapters, Excess and Umbrella Insurance State-by-State Compendium, Defense Research Institute, published January 2012.
- Co-Author with David E. Stovall, Expert Advocacy: Beyond Selection, The Whisper, Newsletter of the Young Lawyers Committee, Defense Research Institute, Volume 7, Issue 6, July 7, 2011
- Co-Author with David E. Stovall, Beyond the Credentials of Opposing Experts, MDLA Quarterly, Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association, Volume 35, Number 1, Spring, 2011
- Co-Author with David E. Stovall, Chapter 10, The Standard for Ensuring that Reliable Expertise Gets to Jury-Novel Scientific Evidence, Daubert Compendium, Defense Research Institute, published Spring 2011.
- Co-Presenter with David E. Stovall, Select Your Expert | Support Your Expert | Strike the Opposing Expert, Corporate Counsel Committee Lunch and Learn Teleconference Series, Defense Research Institute, May 25, 2011.
- Co-Author with David E. Stovall, Expert Selection is Advocacy, The Whisper, Newsletter of the Young Lawyers Committee, Defense Research Institute, April 29, 2011.
- Co-Author with David E. Stovall, Stubborn Facts in Premises Liability Litigation, Marketer's Update, Mississippi Petroleum Marketer's and Convenience Stores Association, January/March, 2011, Edition.
- Presenter, Risk Management and Legal Liability, Mississippi Primary Health Care Association Clinical Conference, November, 2010.
- Presenter, Risky Situations for Nursing Professionals, Mississippi Primary Health Care Association Clinical Conference, November, 2010.
- Author, "Historical Context Important in Defense of Clients Under the MTCA", MDLA Quarterly, Spring 2010.