Nursing Home and Long-Term Care Defense
Carl Hagwood, Diane Pradat
Our innovative, aggressive and detailed approach to long-term care defense has afforded us the opportunity to represent facilities throughout the United States. We recognize that while nursing home cases are similar in many respects to medical malpractice lawsuits, they also have unique issues which require specialized expertise.
What sets us apart from other firms is our unique trial approach. Our trial teams include lawyers, paralegals and nurses plus legal technical assistants who have decades of trial experience with a total commitment to a technologically-supported visual presentation in the courtroom. What separates us from everybody else is that we do this as a team – not as individuals with different priorities.
When we walk into the courtroom, every person on our trial team has studied the records and knows the issues. We have invested the necessary time and resources to prepare each individual and each case for trial. That’s the reason we have achieved unparalleled success in our field.
Plaintiff lawyers know when we get to the courtroom, we are there to try the case. No other firm has tried more cases as successfully in the last six years than we have. Cases are settled early and for less because plaintiff lawyers don't want to go to trial with us.
Our strength lies in the fact that our trial teams have a proven track record of bringing these cases to successful conclusions.
Wilkins Tipton’s record in obtaining defense verdicts for our clients proves that we continue to set the benchmark in this field of litigation.
- Carroll Saves Client over $500,000
- Phillips earns award in Alabama case
- Colorado Jury Awards Defense Verdict to Hagwood
- Carter v. Jewell Care Center, Denver, Colorado (August, 2011)
- North Carolina Jury Gives Hagwood Defense Verdict
- Adams v. Brian Center-Eden, Rockingham County, North Carolina (June, 2011)
- Hagwood, Phillips Receive Directed Verdict in Alabama Case
- Anderson v. Fairview, Jefferson County, Alabama (May, 2011)
- Hagwood, Coleman Save Client Over $400,000 In Fifth Circuit Win
- Tipton, Phillips Prevail on Motion to Compel Arbitration
- Hagwood, Phillips obtain Defense Verdict in Nursing Home Case
- Hagwood, Phillips Win Defense Verdict
- Webster v. National Heritage Realty, Inc., United States District Court (Natchez, Mississippi) (March 2009)
- Hagwood, Phillips Successfully Defend Nursing Home.
- Hagwood, Eaton Obtain Defense Verdict in Nursing Home Lawsuit
- Jordan v. Mariner, et al, United States District Court, (June 2008)
- Paige, et al v. Mariner, et al, United States District Court (June 2008)
- Hagwood, Phillips win defense verdict in nursing home negligence suit
- Johnson et al v. Mariner, United States District Court, (May 2008)
- Ervin v. Delta Regional Medical Center and Dr. James Beckham, Washington County, Mississippi, Circuit Court (April 2008)
- Hagwood Wins Dismissal from Supreme Court
- Purpora v. Cirilli, Sunflower County, Mississippi, Circuit Court (August 2007)
- Wylie v. Lantrip, Washington County, Mississippi, Circuit Court (May 2007)
- Campbell v. Lewis, Hinds County, Mississippi, Circuit Court (September 2006)
- Chaffin v. Brown, Lowndes County, Mississippi, Circuit Court (August 2006)
- Bridges v. Morris, Leflore County, Mississippi, Circuit Court (May 2006)
- Smith, Margaret, et al v. Mariner Health Care, Inc., United States District Court (September 2005)
- Smith v. Cunningham, Washington County, Mississippi, Circuit Court (June 2005)
- Austin, Helen, et al v. Mariner Health Care, Inc., United States District Court (March 2005)
- Derryberry v. McAlpin, Alcorn County, Mississippi, Circuit Court (December 2004)
- Vede v. Delta Regional Medical Center, Washington County, Mississippi, Circuit Court (April 2004)
- Perry vs. Mariner, et al, Grenada County, Mississippi, Circuit Court (December 2003)